Deer Jerky Recipes
Homemade jerky is one of the most popular snacks around. With these deer jerky recipes you can turn your venison into a mouthwatering treat that's fun to eat!
Variety is one reason deer jerky is so popular. There are venison jerky recipes that'll make it hot and spicy, sweet, mild, peppered, or even from ground venison. There are as many deer jerky recipes as there are deer in the woods!
Making Venison Jerky
Anybody can make great tasting deer jerky.
Making deer jerky
isn't a difficult process, but it does take a bit of knowledge. There are three basic steps when making deer jerky from sliced venison.
- The first step is to slice the meat. Easy, yes, but you have to know whether to slice with the grain or across the grain. You need to know how thick to slice the venison, too.
- Next, the venison needs to be seasoned with a dry mix or in a marinade. The jerky recipes found here list the ingredients you'll need. Usually, the venison must soak in the jerky marinade for a period of time.
- Drying the venison jerky can be done in an oven, a dehydrator, or in a smoker. The temperature can't be so hot that it cooks the venison quickly, but it does need to be high enough to destroy any bacteria that may be on or in the meat.
How To Make Deer Jerky
provides a detailed look at how to make jerky, including slicing the venison, seasoning the meat, and instructions on drying and smoking your deer jerky. Take a look to learn all about making deer jerky.
Ground Deer Jerky
This is the perfect use for all of that ground deer meat in the freezer. Spice mixes for ground deer jerky usually include curing salt, which stops bacteria dead in its tracks.
Making Ground Venison Jerky
- There are lots of commercial ground jerky mixes available, or you can make your own. Knowing the exact amount of curing salt to add is important. Not enough isn't effective, and you sure don't want too much in your jerky.
- Using a jerky gun is the easiest way to produce the flat jerky shapes or the long rounds of deer snack sticks. The seasoned ground meat mixture can be hand-formed, but it's difficult to get even shapes and thicknesses, which is important when drying the meat.
explains the ins and outs of turning ground meat into spicy deer jerky. You'll learn how to hand-form the meat if you don't have a jerky shooter.
Favorite Deer Jerky Recipes
Sliced Venison Jerky Recipes
Try these tried and true
venison jerky recipes
and you won't go wrong. Make enough! It's popular! (And you will be too ;-) Here are the recipes you'll find.
- Hot and Sweet Venison Jerky
- Mild and Smoky Jerky
- Black Pepper Venison Jerky
- Teriyaki Jerky
- Sweet Onion Deer Jerky
- Extremely HOT! Venison Jerky
Ground Venison Jerky Recipes
Use up your deer burger with a recipe from the
ground venison jerky recipe collection.
Here you'll find a few good recipes for ground deer jerky, like...
- Spicy Sweet Ground Venison Jerky
- (Where Is The) Fireman Jerky
- I Love Garlic Jerky
Smoked Venison Jerky
If you like your jerky smoky, try one of these smoked venison jerky recipes. And for information on how to prepare jerky in a smoker, visit Making Smoked Venison Jerky. Return to Top of
Follow the links on this page and you'll find some very tasty deer jerky recipes. Whether made from sliced venison or ground deer meat, jerky is a fun snack for all.
Deer Jerky RecipesFree Venison Recipes Homepage | Grilled Venison Recipes | Venison Summer Sausage Recipes
Other Venison Sausage Recipes | Venison Jerky Recipes | Venison Snack Stick Recipes
Submit Your Favorite Recipe | What's New? | Free Venison Recipes Sitemap
Traditional Venison Summer Sausage | Making Smoked Venison Jerky
Making Deer Snack Sticks | Lowfat Venison Breakfast Sausage