Crockpot Venison Stew
by Jim Smith
(Gaithersburg, MD, USA)
This is my recipe for venison stew:
• Chop up, into coarse big pieces, one or two large sweet flat onions (Vidalia or otherwise) and place in crockpot.
• Place venison, frozen or thawed, in pot on onions.
• Take six or more strips of bacon, lay them across venison. Venison is lean, you'll need these for the fat.
• Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, Worchestershire sauce, and garlic powder to your taste.
• Pour and spread two cans of Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup, over the top of venison, add no water.
• Add pack or two of rinsed sliced mushrooms.
• Let cook on high for about six or eight hours. Meat should fall apart when touched with fork.
• Add carrots and potatoes if you like, and cook until potatoes are done. You can add these at the beginning, but they will tend to be very brown at the end. Tasty, but brown.
• Lock doors and windows, load gun, turn off phone, then open crock pot.
• Serve over rice, pasta, or toast.
• Have partner rub toes until cramps go away.