by Paul R
It's Jerkey, pretty much as you know it.
But this is the low-salt alternative, if your on blood-pressure or cholesterol meds, (and you like spicy food) this is the one for you!
1) use 1/3 of the salt you would normally use. You can't do "none", try it, I have, its sort of like tasty cardboard!
2) replace the other 2/3 of the "mix" with:
- 3 parts ground cumin powder
- 3 parts ground coriander powder
- 1 part "garam masala"
this is the tough one,
you'll probably need to go to your local
Indian store to get it.
3) I always add LOTS of garlic, but thats optional.
In my case: a teaspoon of ground garlic for every pound
(I have been known to double it)
4) now, if you like spicy add some of your favorite hotsauce
mine: Blairs sudden-death sauce (with Ginseng!)
there is nothing comparable, I put 3 TEAspoons in 5 pounds of mix.
(I once did tablespoons by mistake, it was "incendiary")
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Submit a Venison Recipe.